A gift card can be one more sales channel for you and also act as a souvenir of sorts. It can do more than two things at a time. It is one of the most underused marketing channels. To get the most out of gift cards, you must primarily begin with creating attractive gift card designs.
Your gift cards can act as a statement of the value that your brand brings to the table. The design you use for the gift cards is a telling statement about you as a brand. It would be prudent to invest the right amount of time and technology into it.
Gift Cards Can Do the Following for Your Brand:
- Strengthen the relationship between the brand and the customer
- It can drive more traffic to your website
- You will get access to a new set of customers
- It will help you convert customers into loyal ambassadors of your brand
- They can be a good substitute for refunds, instead of giving away cash. This helps reduce friction with customers and also makes them come back to your store
- It can also be aggressively promoted during special holidays like Christmas, New Year. Black Friday, etc., making it an extra sales channel
Best Practices to Create Irresistible Gift Card Designs:
Attractive gift card designs can make the right impression on your customers. Use the opportunity to stand out as a brand. Let’s look at some of the strategies that you can use to create charming gift card designs.
- Match Brand Identity Elements:
- Create Gift Card Customer Journeys:
- Your gift card landing page should have the following
- It should explain the gift card options
- Offer different card designs
- Explain the perks of buying a gift card from your brand
- Include the T&C details
- Delivery options (if you also offer physical cards)
- Choose From the Templates:
- Create Excellent Designs for Emails Too:
- Below are the best times to send gift card newsletters
- The festival season is a great time to spread the festive cheer by introducing gift cards with a variety of perks
- Don’t miss the contact’s birthday. Provide them with a discount on their special day
- If the customer has been inconvenienced in any manner, it would be a great idea to pacify them with a gift card
- Another great time to send gift card emails is when a milestone is achieved or during an anniversary for the business
- Create Shareable Experiences:
- Get Creative With the Design
Your business’ brand identity elements make it instantly recognizable to your target audience. Some of the most important elements are logos, fonts, typography, and color schema. It should be consistent across all your marketing channels. When you use these commonly recognized elements in your gift card design, your customers will be able to identify them at first glance.
If you want to increase the effectiveness of your gift card conversion rate, you must invest in creating specific customer journeys for it. You must develop a different journey for the gift card page because it follows a different process than the standard purchasing process.
Observe the customer journey and find ways to provide the best possible customer journey experience.
If you were to use a gift card platform, they will add different gift card design templates for you to get started. For those who don’t have the necessary design skills, this could act as a starter. All you need to do is drag-and-drop the necessary elements into your gift card template. It can be readied in a matter of few minutes.
Keep the Design Minimal:
You don’t want to overdo your gift card design, only to end up with something that is unremarkable. Using the gift card, redeeming its value, or getting refund should be a smooth process. For example, people find it difficult to copy-paste the codes if they are not easy to copy to a clipboard. This single design change reduces the friction associated with using your gift cards. Send feedback survey forms to customers to see if they are finding any trouble using your gift cards.
Your email marketing is one of your most powerful marketing assets. With an ROI that exceeds 4,200% you cannot slack when it comes to sending emails about your gift cards.
The gift card recipient should be able to go straight to the shopping page with money added to their gift card’s digital wallet. A proper gift card email design mainly involves making it attractive while scoring high on utility points.
Every happy experience that your customers get acts as a trigger in involving other people. Try incorporating designs in the gift card that is shareable. You can rely on storytelling to make the gift cards sound more alluring than it already is.
Even though gift cards are loved universally by their recipients, it wouldn’t hurt to create inspiring and interesting designs. In fact, by doing so, you increase the chances of it being bought by customers. Your gift card designs should be replete with emotions that strike a chord with your target audience. Animated GIFs and other interactive features can be great additions to your gift card design. Make sure that your gift card design matches with your overall website’s design.
In this article, we have looked at some of the crucial steps that should be a part of your gift card design strategy. Businesses that invest in a gift card program and are serious about the designs in them are more likely to get the most out of the program. Choosing a gift card software that allows businesses to create gift card designs from its templates is a wise move to make. These templates help you save money, time, and a lot of effort.
If you are looking to add a gift card solution into your business, get in touch with the team at 99minds ensures that you get to customize the gift card to the hilt.